Friday, August 31, 2012

Lone Star

The plan was lunch, chocolate and a "romantic" beach walk. Originally we wanted to try Joe's Garage, but parking was a nightmare (on a Monday?!) so we flagged that and drove across the road to Lone Star.

 
Salt, Pepper and Sauce
 
Fries with Aioli
 
Prawn Star
Salt and Pepper Calamari
I've never been to Lone Star for lunch and to my surprise it was fairly pleasant. There were no noisy crowds, long wait periods for the food or an overactive waiter! The menu was a simplified version of dinner but enough to satisfy.
As usual we had to order fries. If Mc Donald's has taught us anything, it is that YES we want fries with that! They came with aioli, but we were also provided a squirty bottle of tomato sauce, excellent. Fries are fries, they were nice for what they were... okay I loved them, but it's really hard for me not to enjoy fries unless you try to japanify them and fail... moving right along... I ordered the prawn star and Jack, the salt and pepper calamari. We shared of course, one was willingly, the other was begrudgingly because I am SELFISH! There, I said it. Finish.
After lunch it was off to Governor's Bay for chocolate... Unfortunately She Chocolat doesn't open for lunch on Mondays, and because I didn't get my happy chocolate fix I wasn't in the mood for the beach. That and the weather was changing, I get grumpy when it's windy at the beach... So 1 out of 3 isn't normally a pass but it was still a lovely day so I can't really complain.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...