Monday, April 1, 2013

Cameron Japanese Family Restaurant

 
Super-sized Menu.
After about a month of facebook stalking (fun times), I was so excited to try Cameron for dinner the other night. They had no raw fish, basically there were only really steaks, curry rice and noodles but that's why it was enticing for some reason, and the fact that the restaurant was hamburger shaped!

Okay, before it was a Japanese family restaurant the hamburger shaped building existed as a takeaway bar for all the factory/garages workers in the area and that was never appealing, but make a few changes i.e. make it Japanese style... instant love.

 
Fries
 
Takoyaki
For starters we got fries and octopus balls because I love fries... and I know they were just fries and very un-japanese, but at least they didn't try to deceive you in the menu by making them sound japanese-y... they were good for what they were and very reasonably priced.

 
Tempura Prawn Udon
 
Sushi Ball Set
 
Chicken Cutlet Curry Rice
Hamburger Steak and Teriyaki Chicken
Ribeye Steak
The only thing that disappointed me a little was the changes to the menu, because I like to study a menu beforehand so I don't get too excited and overwhelmed with selection. A few options were crossed out and in their updated menu on facebook today they even permanently cut a few things out.  They probably weren't as popular, which is sad because I will never get to try them but then again I only think that because the choice was taken away from me...

I ended up getting the steak because there was an option to add rice and miso to my dish for $3.50 and I love rice! The weird thing was when they asked if I wanted it in small, medium or large at no extra costs, so of course the cheapskate in me got the large size because it's the same price?! but hey, I may be a cheapskate but I do not waste food, I shared my large rice with my sister and we finished it! 

I did try a bit of my mum's udon which you could also add on a sushi ball set for an extra $2.50 and that was yummy. The udon was nice and chewy while the broth was beautiful and strong, much better than the one I get at the mall! I didn't try the chicken cutlet but the big chunks of beef in the curry was generous and looked very tasty.

After the main there was a little room for a shared dessert and to be honest, this was the main reason for coming.

OMG?!
Baked pudding strawberry ice cream sundae. Admittedly they were very unorganised and possibly the baked puddings weren't ready yet because it took nearly an hour for dessert to come, but that was fine because the little room we had for dessert didn't really exist, we just wanted it... and it really was worth the wait. It was like a party in the glass! So, it had whipped cream, the baked pudding, some fruit, chocolate sticks, strawberry ice cream, sponge cake, cornflakes, blueberries and strawberry jelly?! It was amazing! Seriously! 

If there's a lesson to be learnt from coming here, it's that I'm going to have get a smaller main next time so I can have one of these babies all to myself!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...